Studio B provides 20 private art studios and a second public studio for classes and workshops. We open this studio to the community for artists that are beginning to teach, area associations for conferences, and other art institutions that need a studio space for classes. Studio B artists create with various media and their art is available in The Galleries.
Sculpture Class with Nan Jacobsohn
- 9-weeks on Wednesday Mornings, 9:00-12:00…$185, Begins March 28
- Independent Studio Time – Wednesdays, 12:00-3:00…$45
- 9-week on Wednesday Evenings, 5:30-8:30…$185, Begins March 28
Glass Classes with Brenda Vehige
Stained Glass Workshops
- 8-weeks on Tues Morning, 9:00AM -12:00 PM…$175 includes glass & tools
- Sessions begin: March 26, 2018
- 8-weeks on Tues Nights, 5:30-7:30…$175 includes glass & tools
- Sessions begin: March 26, 2018
Fused Glass Workshops
- Jewelry- Saturday, Feb 3, 2018, 10:00-2:00…$95
- Suncatcher- Saturday, April 14, 2018, 10:00-2:00…$95
- Jewelry- Saturday, July 28, 2018, 10:00-2:00…$95
- Intro to Woodturning, Turn a Wooden Pen on a Lathe with Jeff Brockett, Sat, March 10, 10:00-2:00…$65
- Basics in Figurative Sculpture with Mark Schlicher, Fri-Sun, March 23-25, 9:00-3:00 each day…$225, includes supplies and model fee
- Wine & Food Tasting with Paul & Dorothy Craig, Fri, April 6:30-8:00…$35
2018 Master Series Workshops
- Working outside the norm with Shadow May, Sat, March 3, 9:00-3:00…$150
- Red Handed Symposium featuring Marty Fielding, Liz Zlot Summerfield, Amy Sanders and Ronan Peterson. Keynote: Linda Arbuckle Panel: Ben Carter, May 25-27…$325 *Register here
Call to register for classes 615-242-0346
*Our refund policy: Full refund if you notify us at least 48 hours before class begins. Fee is transferable to another class if less than 48 hours notice. No refund or transfer if you give no notice (‘no show’).
The Shed is our 1000 square foot open-air studio which holds 9 motorized kick-wheels, a hand building area, and enough space and equipment for emerging artists to create and explore pottery. Built to fill the needs of our growing community, the shed provides two amazing programs. Our Emerging Artist Membership Program and Parties in the Shed!
Emerging Artist Membership Program
The Emerging Artist Membership Program is intended for artists beginning their careers in pottery. This affordable minimalist facility is a shared open studio which offers everything you need to get started and nothing you don’t. Shed Membership is $40 per month for a full shelf of storage or $25 for a half shelf of storage. You may purchase your own glaze and clay at our supply store, Mid-South Ceramics. Firing your pottery is included in the membership price! To be accepted for membership you must have a solid knowledge base about clay practices and a basic knowledge of kiln use. If you are interested in joining, Please call 615-242-0300 to set up an appointment.
Parties in the Shed
You may rent the shed for your party! The price is $250 and includes the two hour rental and our excellent staff to guide your though throwing on the pottery wheel! Available the last Friday of the month, scheduling up for negotiation depending on Shed Members. BYOB, if serving alcohol, we ask that all party attendee’s be 21 and up.
For more information about the Shed’s Guidelines, Visit our FAQ Page!